Translate

Friday, May 1, 2015

Darkness is quickly overtaking the light of the day.  The clouds reflect a final display of colour before all the light dissipates.  The blues are deep in the sky, a dark night is close by.  I climb into my sleeping bag and wind up my radio to calm my mind.  I close my eyes while listening to a haunting Johnny Cash song on a faint radio station.  Another day done, another day closer to home.  There waiting for me is a familiar face and a welcome smile.  As the cold creeps across the ground and the coyotes start chatting  I pull my jacket over my head to keep my face warm.  A lonely night as I lay  underneath a sky full of distant stars.

I remember taking this picture like it was yesterday.  How I felt that late evening and through the night.  I had a case of the blues and was missing my loved ones.  As I shut my eyes a spirit like image with a caring smile appeared. It was a ghostlike flash of my second half, with a loving smile looking me in the eyes as she touched my face. I could feel the warmth from her hands as if she was there. A meeting of the soles, a connection in a realm where distance and time does not exist.

The month I stayed in this beautiful lonely place I found a piece of me.  It had been long lost in the rat race, drowned by sweet liquor, stolen by hard work ending in a collapse of an economy.  Getting away and going where there was no phone service was the best thing I have done in years.  This allowed me to recapture what it feels like to be alive.  We are natural beings living a unnatural life in seas of concrete and green money.  Full of wants and the pressure of keeping up with the Joneses.  I did not know that there a part of me would die and I would awaken inside a gift.  A gift given to me and its given to anyone who is willing to seek it.  It rest at the end of a dirt path.

Today is the day that maters the most and is the only day that change can take place.  The sun is setting now and I am at home.  I sit here alone and and listen to the frogs sing the song of spring.  The familiar face has moved on and I watch the light fade.  Sometimes when you think a person will be in your future; they become a fading memory of your past.  In the comfort of a house I feel the deep blues in the sky turning to black as the sun light fades.  I sit and type these words and again I feel a loss and gain a strength to move forward.  A chill is entering the open window and neighborhood dogs are barking, distracting me from feelings, they seem to be a music to my ears.  I am a new man and tonight I look forward to tomorrow.